Civil Engineer, 5 to 10 Years of Experience
Founded in 1950, Gibbs & Olson provides civil engineering and surveying services to clients throughout Washington and Oregon. An award-winning firm, we have completed a multitude of projects that include civil engineering and surveying for site design, stormwater, sewer, water, and transportation infrastructure. Immersed in the communities we serve, we create a healthy and safe environment in which families can thrive.
We are currently recruiting to fill a Project Engineer position, to join our team in Olympia, Washington. Ideally, the candidate will be self-motivated, and have strong team and communication skills.
The primary function of this position is to provide professional level engineering and supervision for each project or project specific task assigned. This position will also assist in developing and maintaining client relationships and identifying new project opportunities.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Candidates should have between five to ten years of relevant experience.
- Ability to competently operate AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Ability to competently operate Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with planning, design and/or construction management for public infrastructure and/or public/private site development projects.
- Drafting and design of a variety of civil engineering projects, which may include water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation or private/public site development.
- Work closely with project engineer and project manager on project tasks. This position may have primary responsibility for some project tasks.
- Preparation of feasibility reports, drainage reports, construction cost estimates, construction plans, technical specifications, permit applications, and other project documents with little supervision needed.
- Coordination with clients, subconsultants, and regulatory agencies.
- Preparing design calculations, using appropriate software, for utility systems, stormwater facilities, roadways and site improvements.
- Preparation of site and roadway grading plans, profiles, road design and details using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Research and application of regulatory requirements and design standards.
- Supervise and mentor other technical/professional staff.
- Complete quality engineering work on budget and on schedule.
- Self-motivated with the ability and desire to develop and maintain positive client relationships.
- Participate in business development activities which include seeking new project opportunities and participation in developing project proposals and client interviews.
Gibbs & Olson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.