Gibbs & Olson is currently hiring a Land Surveyor to join our team in Longview, Washington. Ideally, the candidate will be self-motivated, love the outdoors, and have strong team and communication skills so they can take over as Crew Chief within the next 2 to 3 years.
The successful candidate should have an Associate of Arts degree in Land Surveying with 2 or more years of experience or 4 or more years of relevant and similar field experience. A Washington State Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) certificate is desirable, a current Washington Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license is preferred, and dual Washington/Oregon PLS licenses is a big plus.
The preferred candidate for this position should have experience in land and construction surveying including but not limited to:
- Demonstrable knowledge of survey principles and staking.
- General knowledge of standard construction principles.
- Ability to operate survey equipment including total stations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of GPS/RTK survey methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Ranger 500 data collector or similar electronic windows based data collector.
- Ability to operate robotic equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computer and portable electronic equipment.
- Ability to productively and efficiently utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 or 2015 software is desirable.
- Ability to perform proportion, percentage, area, circumference and volume calculations.
- Ability to utilize basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to adjust to differing tasks, the employee may be called upon for various engineering duties not regularly encountered on a daily basis.
Detailed Job Description